Slinfold village is almost 4 miles (6.4 km) west of Horsham, just off the A29 road. It has a village shop and Post Office, a primary school and pre-school, a recreation ground, a village hall and one public house. Where Slinfold Railway station used to be is now a Caravan Clubsite.
Slinfold railway station on the Cranleigh Line was opened in 1865 and closed in 1965. The trackbed of the line now forms part of the Downs Link Bridleway. The route of the former Roman road linking London and Chichester passes through the parish and In 1848 it was recorded that Roman swords and brass ornaments had been found.
Slinfold is the source of the western River Adur, which flows to the English Channel at Shoreham-by-Sea. Slinfold Manor, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south of the village, is a Georgian house built late in the 18th century. The Church of England parish church of Saint Peter was built in 1861 and designed by the Gothic Revival architect Benjamin Ferrey.