Information for Tenants
At Home is a member of The Deposit Protection Scheme, which is a client money protection scheme, the Money Shield Client Money Protection scheme and a member of The Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more information on the agents’ website or by contacting them directly.
Letting Information and Fees for Tenants
As well as paying your monthly rent, there may be other permitted payments that you may be required to pay.
Before the Tenancy starts (Payable to At Home)
- Holding Deposit to secure the property, which is 1 weeks’ rent
- Security Deposit, which is 5 weeks’ rent and will be held by the Deposit Protection Scheme
- If you go with our Zero Deposit option, this charge is 1 weeks’ rent plus VAT paid direct to Zero Deposit
- The remaining month’s rent will need to be paid before you move into the Property
During the Tenancy (Payable to At Home)
- If you wish to make any amendments to your Tenancy Agreement, a payment of £50.00 inc VAT is payable
- A payment of £12.00 inc VAT plus the cost of replacement if you lose your keys/security device
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the bank of England base rate (From 14 days or more)
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with the early termination of the Tenancy
During the Tenancy (Payable direct to the provider if applicable)
- Utilities (Gas, Electric and Water)
- Telephone and Broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- TV Licence
- Council Tax
There may be other permitted payments, not included in the above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.